Below is the process we use to nominate, examine and install Elders. Please carefully review the process.
1. Nominations Deadline (February 19, 2017)
a. Receive nominations from members of Hunt Valley Church. Nomination forms are available electronically (link to instructions below) or hardcopy at the Welcome Center.
b. A letter will be sent to each person nominated, providing a detailed list of qualifications, an overview of the process leading up to installation, and a questionnaire dealing with Christian experience and involvement at Hunt Valley Church. Each nominee will provide two references who will be contacted prior to recommendation by the Session
2. Brief orientation meeting (February 25, 2017) where:
a. Nominees will return their questionnaires and provide references
b. Process leading to election and installation will be discussed in detail and questions answered
c. Nominees begin to interact with current Session members and each other
3. Initial Interviews – personal interview with each nominee and members of the Session to discuss the appropriateness and timing of the nomination
4. Orientation to: (Tuesdays 8am, March 21-May 13)
- Westminster Confession of Faith/Theology
- Mission, Vision, and Core Values/Philosophy of Ministry
- Spiritual Leadership
- Ministry Skills & Practices
- PCA Church Government/Getting Things Done at HVC
5. Examination by the Session (Saturday, May 6, 2017)
Bios will be published after nominations and examinations are complete.
6. Presentation of Recommended Candidates during Sunday services (June 11, 2017)
7. Congregational Meeting to Elect Candidates (June 11, 2017)
8. Ordination and Installation of New Elders (June 18, 2017)